You ever go outside in the rain, and as much as you try to stay dry, you just end up wet? About the point where your underwear band starts to get damp, you stop caring about getting wet, and just embrace the rain. Well, the horror and destruction that has been my 2010 isn’t really something I want to embrace.
But I’m to the point I can laugh.
So I call that a win. Let’s recap, just for fun. I’m not whining, rather I’m just listing in awe the first few months of this beast:
- I developed some serious migraine issues. Hospital. Butt shots. Yeah, still sorta have that, and it sucks.
- My house burned down.
- My house burned down. (Yeah I already listed it, but c’mon — my HOUSE BURNED DOWN)
- Our pets all passed away in the fire.
- I inhaled the smoke, and ended up with pneumonia.
- The doctor and I failed to make contact regarding test results, so I never got antibiotics. I developed super pneumonia. Trust me, that’s not a super power.
- Mid-super-pneumonia, I got the flu. I called it flumonia, which didn’t really make it better, but at least it was a funny word.
- I really thought I was going to die with flumonia.
- On a return trip from LA, my flight (the one following a red-eye) was canceled. I slept on the floor next to an old bag of Cheetos.
- The computer we’ve been taking home inventory on decided the hard drive should quit working. It didn’t consult me first.
- This past weekend, I ate sushi. I bought the sushi from a grocery store. I may not have looked at the date it was made on. I sorta got food poisoning.
- And, right now, I’m beginning to get a headache.
2010: BITE ME. 🙂