Everybody’s doing it, so I figgered I would too. I saw Jim’s first, so officially that’s the one I’m responding to. Enjoy:
1) Ever been in a relationship lasting over 5 years?
Yes, been married for 12 years. Also, had a pair of sneakers for about 7. The wife is much better looking. And smells nicer.
2) What was one of your dreams growing up?
A writer. Really. Probably an astronaut as well, but the writer thing has been pretty constant my whole life.
3) What talent do you wish you had?
Money management. I actually wish there was a service that took all my money, paid all my bills, planned for retirement, and gave me the appropriate amount for food and gas. I really really suck at managing money. Or, in lieu of that, the ability to turn snow into gold. That would suffice.
4) If I bought you a drink what would it be?
Coffee. Strong. Black.
5) Favorite books?
Well, I’ve had to start over with my reading since my car accident — so my pool to pick from is smaller. I liked “Forever War” quite a bit, and Heinlein always seems to please. I’m glad I read Dune, but have no desire to read more in the series.
6) What was the last book you read?
Spiderwick Chronicles. (To the kids)
Currently reading, “Stranger in a Strange Land”
7) Astrology: Menace to science education or entertainment?
It seems absurd to me that people take Astrology as more than fluffy silliness, but some do. So for that alone, I say menace.
8 ) Any tattoos and/or piercings? Explain where.
Nope. I’ve accidentally poked large holes in my hide before, but the outcome is almost always stitches and tetanus shots as opposed to pretty decorations.
9) Worst habit?
Chewing my nails.
10) Best attribute?
Hmm… I’m not really sure. I’m loyal to a fault, so I’m not sure if that’s good or not. I guess I’ll just say I’m a Nice Guy. With faults, but still, I’m usually a Nice Guy. Oh, and I guess I’m funny. But saying you’re funny takes away the funny. So no, I’m not funny.
11) What are your favorite hobbies?
Reading, surfin’ the ‘net (duuuude…), messing with computers, learning.
12) Do you have a negative or optimistic attitude?
Unfortunately, negative. I have to work to stay positive, because really, that’s so much better. I think my job has ruined me in that regard. I’m not nearly as carefree and silly as I used to be. 🙁
13) What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator with me?
Pray that I (or you) hadn’t eaten chili recently. 😀 Seriously though, talk and joke. I like people in small groups, it’s the large rooms full of people that make me stabby.
14) Worst thing to ever happen to you?
Car accident. It was also the best thing that happened to me. So go figure.
15) Best thing to ever happen to you?
Well, see above…
16) Tell me one weird fact about you.
My right foot is is slightly turned out. When I stand, my feet look like this: | /
17) What if I showed up at your house unexpectedly?
The dogs would bark. Incessantly. I would holler at them. They would continue to bark. Then I’d offer to make you some coffee. 🙂
18) What was your first impression of me?
Gruff but not mean. The kind of guy that might pull my car out of a ditch, and expect nothing but sincere thanks in return. (I’m that kinda guy too)
19) What scares you?
Those I care about going through pain that I can’t take away. On small and large scales. This is especially true of my kids. There’s nothing I wouldn’t do for them. (Warning: Link to some of my Christian theological struggles)
20) If you could change one thing about how you are, what would it be?
I wish I was more of a risk taker, professionally at least. The problem is that I’m paranoid about providing for my family, AND I suck at money management (see above).
21) Would you be my crime partner or my conscience?
It depends. I’d be Robin Hood’s Little John. I’m vengeful like that. 😉
22) What color eyes do you have?
I dunno, you judge: (Today, they look green… it varies)
23) Ever been arrested? If so, what for?
Nope. I should have been once though, after a certain weekend party at college. We were walking home through downtown Houghton, after all the bathrooms were closed. ’nuff said.
24) Favorite dessert?
Something with cinnamon. I really love cinnamon.
25) If you won $1000 today, what would you do with it?
Pay bills. $1000 ain’t what it used to be. 😉
26) Tell me something you want me to know about you.
There’s nothing I enjoy more than making people smile. Oh, and I HATE being tickled. So don’t tickle me. I mean it.
27) What’s your favorite place to hang out?
A comfy chair near a fireplace. There is no such place anywhere in my life. This saddens me.
28) Do you believe in ghosts? Aliens?
Ghosts, no. Aliens, yes. Not that have visited us, or are living among us, but it seems absurd that we’re it.
29) Favorite thing to do in your spare time?
Read and write. I find little time to do either. This too saddens me.
30) Do you swear a lot?
Very, very rarely. And then, it’s mild profanity.
31) Biggest pet peeve?
32) In one word, how would you describe yourself?
Splarnictintious. I think I deserve my own word. (So, maybe that means, “Conceited…”)
33) Do you believe in/appreciate romance?
Yes, I’m just very bad at it. This saddens my wife immensely.
34) Most unusual place you’ve had sex?
Use your imagination. I guarantee it’s more interesting than the truth.
35) Do you believe in an afterlife?
Yes, but realize I’m one of the most skeptical Christians I know. This too saddens me.