This past week has really really stunk. I call a do over. Or at least, let’s not talk about it anymore. For those keeping score:
- The product I was supposed to review didn’t come in
- I wasted a whole day working out purchase orders for used computers
- My replacement video did not go well, and was 2 days late
- I didn’t write a single article this week for the Linux Journal website. They should be mad at me.
- I haven’t had time to edit any of the magazine articles piled up for me
- The (1) firewire port on my MacBook Pro is broken, and to import video, I had to set a heavy book on the cable, wedging it in the broken port
- The laptop is under warranty, but I don’t have the time to be without it
- And to top it all off, I had to take Chewy back to the shelter today, because him and Tigger were getting more and more aggressive with each other. The shelter people made me lock him in the kennel myself. It was horrifying.
So, in spite of all the piles of work I need to do, I decided to take the day off and spend it with my two youngest kids. (Donna and Amanda were at a concert) We went to the park, and we went to Burger King. It’s been a pretty good day. 🙂